New Zealanders are living longer, which is great as long as the money lasts. Unfortunately, there's a possibility it won't.
See how a little more in your account today could make a big difference to your tomorrow.
Start making tomorrow, today.
- Illustrates the effect that variable factors such as contributions, investment returns and retirement income have on the savings you may have at retirement and how long it may last you.
- Uses default assumptions about future investment returns and inflation, which are based on those noted in Part 2 of Schedule 7A of the Financial Markets Conduct Amendment Regulations 2019. You can modify future investment returns assumptions.
- Gives the results in today's dollar values which have been calculated by deflating the projected dollar amounts based on the rate of price inflation of 2% p.a.
- Changes in your personal circumstances;
- Actual future investment returns and inflation; or
- Future changes to the NZ Super and tax regulations.
This simulator is a guide only
The projections shown in this simulator are intended as a guide only, based on the information you put in, and should not be used in isolation to make financial decisions. This simulator does not take into account your personal objectives or your own financial situation and it cannot determine your actual final super benefit or income. Before making any decisions about your super or any other financial product, you should consider seeking advice from a licensed financial adviser and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Detailed information about the simulator's assumptions and inputs is available once you start using the simulator - simply click 'View' in the menu bar and select 'More Information'.
This simulator has been prepared by Mercer Financial Advice (Australia) Pty Ltd (MFAAPL) ABN 76 153 168 293. Any advice contained in this simulator is of a general nature only, and does not take into account the personal needs and circumstances of any particular individual. Prior to acting on any information contained in this simulator, you need to take into account your own financial circumstances, consider the product disclosure statement for any product you are considering, and seek professional advice from a licensed, or appropriately authorised, financial adviser if you are unsure of what action to take.
To the extent permitted by law, Mercer (N.Z.) Ltd, MFAAPL, their directors, officers, employees and related bodies corporate exclude any liability for any loss, damage (including any consequential loss or damage), claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) suffered or incurred by you directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with your reliance on the information provided in the calculator or the estimates obtained using the calculator, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
This simulator is not intended as an advertisement for any product issued by Mercer (N.Z.) Ltd, MFAAPL, or any of its related entities.
Copyright 2021 Mercer LLC. All rights reserved.